The Validity Foundation is seeking a motivated assistant to join our EU Programs Team. Likely to be an early career professional, the post-holder will be highly organised, service-oriented, efficient and a problem-solver, having a strong attention to detail and taking pride in achieving high-quality results. The post-holder will have an important role in supporting a small but busy projects team, providing professional administrative, finance, and logistical support to the successful implementation of a number of EU co-funded multi-country projects on the rights of persons with disabilities.
Tasks are varied and will include maintaining and reviewing project documentation, liaising with project partners and external experts, and providing professional assistance in organising meetings and events. The successful candidate will be proficient with the range of MS Office 365 tools (Word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), Zoom and Skype, and will be confident in reviewing technical documentation (including spreadsheets, financial data, etc.) The ideal candidate will be committed to social justice and will understand the importance of providing high quality assistance that concretely supports Validity’s team and mission to promote the rights of persons with disabilities.
As soon as possible, ideally during the first or second week of October 2023.
What we offer
Validity is a specialist international non-governmental organisation headquartered in Budapest, Hungary, dedicated to promoting the human rights of persons with disabilities in Europe, Africa and beyond. The successful candidate will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience working in an international NGO environment
- Develop knowledge and expertise on implementing major international projects co-funded by the EU
- Benefit from a hybrid-working structure in accordance with Validity’s internal policies
- Contribute to Validity’s wider mission to promote the rights of persons with disabilities
- Have access to professional development opportunities relevant to the role
- Become a member of a dynamic, professional, supportive and dedicated team of human rights defenders
- Candidates who self-identify as persons with disabilities are prioritised
- This post is based at Validity’s headquarters in Budapest, Hungary
- Salary range: 500,000 – 620,000 HUF per month gross (depending on experience)
- Standard 40hrs per week full time
- Staff currently benefit from a hybrid working format (up to 50% remote work on request in accordance with organisational requirements)
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the European Union
- Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Application: EU Projects Assistant”. The cover letter should be no longer than two pages and should clearly set out your motivation for applying and how your skills, knowledge and experience make you suitable for the role.
- Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person interview, and the recruitment process will include a task assessing core skills related to the role. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Validity is strongly committed to achieving an inclusive and accessible work environment, and will prioritise candidates who self-identify as persons with disabilities for this role. Candidates who require reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the types of adaptations they may need.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high numbers of applications, please assume you have not been successful if you have not heard back from us within three weeks of submitting your application. Regretfully, we are unable to provide feedback to applicants who are not invited for interview.